We’re calling 2019, The Year of the Smile. If you’ve been following our blog, we told you back in February about the health benefits of smiling. We’re on a mission to get Bournville and you, smiling.
So what’s holding you back?
We know there’s a few of you that we haven’t seen as much as we would have liked over the past year, so maybe it’s time you booked an appointment with us a visit in 2019 and see how things have changed.
Dental treatments are constantly advancing, especially in ways to make treatments more comfortable for the patient. In our last blog we told you about Intravenous Sedation and how it can help people with severe dental phobia. We have a range of treatments to help you get the smile you’ve always wanted, wether it be crooked teeth that need straightening (Invisalign) or a chipped tooth (veneers), we can give you the benefit of our expertise and plan a course of treatment that’s right for you.
Of course your dental health is only half your smile, at the surgery we’re also known for our Facial Aesthetics, led by Emma, Emma Deacon Aesthetics. Anti wrinkle treatments are great to smooth lines of your upper lip and for the lips to appear plumper and firmer. Our full trained staff can treat you here, at the surgery and again advise you on the treatment that’s right for you and answer any questions you may have.
The New Year is also a good time to make some resolutions, so we’d like to give you our top tips for some dental resolutions,
- Take a look at your toothbrush, is it still doing it’s job? Have a look at the state of the bristles. You can read our article about the different types here and see the difference between manual, electric and sonic.
- Next is the toothpaste, are you using the correct type? Read our blog on What’s in your toothpaste
- So now you’ve got the right toothbrush and toothpaste, we recommend that you brush your teeth twice a day, once in the morning (after breakfast) and in the evening (just before bed) brushing twice a day may cut down on cavities
- Flossing, no not the dance but flossing between your teeth after meals and before brushing, if you’re not a fan of flossing with string why not try using and interdental brush in between the teeth. (most large supermarkets will sell these next to toothpaste and toothbrushes).
- Come visit us if we haven’t seen you for a while.
So wether you need a ‘smile’ for a special occasion, like a wedding or big event or you’d like that smile just for you, now’s the time to come see us.
All that’s left for us to do is to wish you a Happy New Year and we look forward to seeing you in 2019.
From all of us at Bournville Village Dentist, “Keep smiling!”